GTM962500PWWWVV.V-FL Open Frame/Internal ICT / ITE / Medical Power Supply Datasheet
|Description||GTM962500PWWWVV.V-FL, ICT / ITE / Medical Power Supply, 60601-1-4th Ed. , Open Frame/Internal, Regulated Switchmode AC-DC Power Supply AC Adaptor, , Input Rating: 100-240V~, 50-60 Hz, 3 Positon Terminal Block, Output Rating: 250 Watts, Power rating with convection cooling (W) , 12-54V in 0.1V increments, Approvals: PSE; PSE; PSE; CE; RoHS; China RoHS; Ukraine; WEEE; VCCI; Level VI; EAC; EAC; UKCA; UL 1310; CCC (pending); CB 60950 (pending); CB 60601-1 (pending); cETLus UL1310 (pending); ETL (pending); CB 62368 (pending); ETL 62368 (pending); CB 60335 (pending); CB 61347 (pending); Morocco; GTM962500PWWWVV.V-FL, ICT / ITE / Medical Power Supply, 60601-1-4th Ed. , Open Frame/Internal, Regulated Switchmode AC-DC Power Supply AC Adaptor, , Input Rating: 100-240V~, 50-60 Hz, 3 Positon Terminal Block, Output Rating: 250 Watts, Power rating with convection cooling (W) , 12-54V in 0.1V increments, Approvals: PSE; PSE; PSE; CE; RoHS; China RoHS; Ukraine; WEEE; VCCI; Level VI; EAC; EAC; UKCA; UL 1310; CCC (pending); CB 60950 (pending); CB 60601-1 (pending); cETLus UL1310 (pending); ETL (pending); CB 62368 (pending); ETL 62368 (pending); CB 60335 (pending); CB 61347 (pending); Morocco;|
|CE EC-Declaration for Medical||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/ec_declaration?id=a0O0c00000PHWgBEAX|
|CE EC-Declaration for Industrial/Commercial/ITE||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/ec_declaration?id=a0O0c00000PHWgBEAX|
|CE EC-Declaration for Household||Contact GlobTek for more information|
|UKCA-Declaration for Medical||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/ukca_declaration?id=a0O0c00000PHWgBEAX|
|UKCA-Declaration for Industrial/Commercial/ITE||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/ukca_declaration?id=a0O0c00000PHWgBEAX|
|UKCA-Declaration for Household||Contact GlobTek for more information|
|Morocco SDoC Declaration||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/Morocco_SDoC_Declaration?id=a0O0c00000PHWgBEAX|
|Prop 65 Statement||https://en.globtek.com/prop-65-statement.pdf|
|Conflict Minerals Declaration||https://www.globtek.com/pdf/conflict-minerals.pdf|
|Technology||Regulated Switchmode AC-DC Power Supply AC Adaptor|
|Category||ICT / ITE / Medical Power Supply|
|Input Voltage Range (V)||100-240V~, 50-60 Hz|
|Max Input Current (A)||1.8 A|
|Max Output Power Rating (W)||250|
|Output Voltage Range (V)||12-54|
|Efficiency||USA DOE Level VI / Eco-design Directive 2009/125/EC, (EU) 2019/1782|
Customer to provide EMI shielding if not in metal chassis
* (Final ordering #/Part No to be defined)
|A) ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS:|
01. Input Voltage: Specified 90-264 Vac, Nameplate rated: 100-240Vac
90-264Vac range @ 100% of rated load current
85-264 Vac range @ 90% of rated load current
02. Input Frequency: Specified 47-63 Hz, Nameplate rated 50/60Hz
03. Power Factor: 0.90 minimum @ 230Vac, 0.97 minimum @ 115Vac
04. Output Regulation: +/- 4% measured at the output connector
05. Line Voltage Regulation: +/- 0.5% typical measured at full load
06. Green Power On Indicator LED
07. Output Ripple (Vp-p): 1% or 200 mV whichever is greater, measured at 20 MHz bandwidth with 0.1 uf ceramic capacitor in parallel with a low impedance 47 uF electrolytic capacitor connected at the end of the output connector at nominal line
08. Turn-ON/OFF Overshoot: 5% maximum, 1 mS typical recovery time for 25% to 50% step load
09. Turn-ON Delay: 1 second typical
10. Hold-Up Time: 20 mS minimum
11. Inrush Current: 30A maximum at 115Vac input and 60A maximum at 230Vac input
12. Switching Frequency: Varies from 30KHz to 133KHz
13. Efficiency: > 90%
14. No Load Standby Power: <0.15 W @ 230Vac
01. Input Protection: Input line fusing and 300Vac rated MOV
02. Short Circuit/ Overload: Electronically Protected unit will auto recover upon removal of fault
Output Current Limit: Current limited to less than 330W / Vnom
(Vnom = nominal rated output voltage)
03. Over-Temperature: Latching Electronic Overtemperature protection. Cycle AC OFF to reset.
04. Output Over-Voltage: 110% to 135% of nominal output voltage under full load condition, and less than 60V max. Latching protection, cycle AC OFF to reset.
01. Dielectric Withstand Voltage: 4000Vac or 5656Vdc from input to output,
On Class I models, 3000Vac or 4242Vdc from input to earth
02. Earth Leakage Current: Class I models < 300uA, N/A for Class II models
03. Touch Current: Class I models < 20uA, Class II models < 70uA
04. Output Isolation Options:
a) C8 or C18 Inlet, Class II
b) C6 or C14 Inlet, Class II FE, Output Isolated from Earth contact
c) C6 or C14 Inlet, Class I, Output negative directly attached to Earth contact
05. Earth Continuity Test: < 0.1 Ohm between Earth Pin at AC input and PCB termination point (Class I models only)
06. Means of Protection: 2 x MOPP
07. Primary to Secondary Bridging Capacitance: Two IEC60384-14 certified Y1 type capacitors in series
08. Compliant Standards: See listings at end of this drawing for specifics
EN 60601-1-2, 4th edition
Emissions, per EN 55032, EN 61000-6-3, EN 61000-6-4
Conducted Emissions: Class B, FCC Part 15, Class B
Radiated Emissions: Class B, FCC Part 15, Class B
Line Frequency Harmonics EN61000-3-2, Class A
Voltage Fluctuations/Flicker EN61000-3-3
Immunity, per EN 55024, EN 61000-6-1, EN 61000-6-2
Static Discharge Immunity EN61000-4-2, 10kV Contact Discharge, 18kV air discharge
Radiated RF Immunity EN61000-4-3, 10V/m 80-1000MHz, 3V/m 1-2.7GHz, 80% 1KHz AM.
EFT/Burst Immunity EN61000-4-4, 4kV/100kHz.
Line Surge Immunity EN61000-4-5, 2kV differential, 4kV common-mode
Conducted RF Immunity EN61000-4-6, 3Vrms, 80% 1KHz AM
Power Frequency Magnetic Field Immunity EN61000-4-8, 3A/m
Voltage Dip Immunity EN61000-4-11, Criteria
01. MTBF: 500,000 Hours @ 50°C ambient temperature, Full Load
02. Operating Temperature: -10°C to 50°C ambient temperature with full load
Regarding Operating Temperature,
a- See below derating table for output power capability at alternate temperature
b- Extended low end temperature range down to -40°C available as a custom option
c- Power rating based upon 10CFM forced air flow
03. Humidity: 0% to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
04. Storage Temperature: -30°C to 80°C
05. ROHS: Compliant with latest regulations, see approvals section below
06. Operational Altitude: 5000M
01. Open Frame configuration, standard option
02. L Chassis configuration, alternate option, may be purchase separately
03. Cage Configuration, alternate option, may be purchased separately
04. Alternate input and output connector options (see diagram), terminal block is standard
a- Terminal Block, screws face up: T762-01-3P Input, T762-01-4P Output, TIANLI
b- Terminal Block, screws from side: T762-03-3P Input, T762-03-4P Output, TIANLI
c- Push to Engage Header: A7920W-3P Input, A7920W-40 Output, MOLEX
G) SPECIAL OPTIONS
01. Custom connector types
02. Custom Markings
03. Short term Output Surge Power Capability
04. Reduced Leakage Current version, medical CF leakage current compliance
05. Tightened output voltage tolerance
06. Reduced Output Ripple Level
08. Reduced output power marking/rating
09. High Rel PCB laminate with Plated through Holes for IPC610 Class 2 Compliance
10. LED Lighting Applications, Class C Line Harmonics
11. Constant Current output, for Vnom to 0.75xVnom. Add “-CC” suffix to model number. Current level is custom selectable.
|Individual Box/Gift Box Size (mm)||Cellular Packag|
|Individual Box/Gift Box Color|
|Master Carton Size (mm)||450 x 461 x 182|
|Gross Weight (kg)||16|
|Label Width (mm)||TBD|
|Label Height (mm)||TBD|
|Description||3 Positon Terminal Block|
Optional Input Wiring Kits are available:
Below follows a link to the latest regulatory certifications and marks for this specific product. National standards as well as certification schemes are constantly changing and so is the set of certification marks and symbols applicable to this product. Various standards, marks and symbols, and certificates are subject to change at any time without notice.
Additional standards or unique country certifications are available upon request. Please contact Globtek to request a quotation.
|Popular Products (Stock items)|
An IEC 60601-1-2 medical grade rated power supply AC adapter converts input line voltage from the wall to a lower voltage, typically DC, which is used to operate and end use piece of medical equipment. IEC 60601-1-2 medical grade power supply AC adapters are typically housed in a plastic enclosure and are available with both 2 and 3 prong input options. power supplies are also available as open frame for use inside of medical equipment. These AC to DC converters are designed in accordance with international medical standards and provide for compliance with certain aspects of them which differs from generic information and communication technology equipment power supplies.
Why is my medical grade IEC 60601-1 power supply certified to IEC 60601-1 3rd Edition while the latest standard is IEC 60601-1 4th Edition?
IEC 60601-1 has different sections in specifications for safety and EMI/EMC. The latest revision of the safety portion of IEC 60601-1 is 3rd Edition while for EMI/EMC the latest revision is 60601-1-2, 4th Ed.
What is the effective date of 60601-1-2, 4th Ed?
60601-1-2, 4th Ed. was effective on December 31, 2018.
What's the difference between an IEC 60950-1 and IEC 60601-1 medical grade rated power supply?
IEC 60950-1 and IEC 60601-1-2 power supplies are both AC to DC converters and may be either internal or external but are designed to different specifications to match the end system specifications. While the basic performance behaviors are similar such as input and output voltages and mechanical configurations, there are many differences as well. Some of the key differences are that medical IEC 60601 medical grade AC to DC adapters are able to withstand a higher dielectric withstand voltage and must have lower leakage current. There are many other differences and also considerations to consider depending on the end use application.
What MOOP and MOPP?
Medical devices must incorporate one or more Means of Protection (MOPs) to isolate patients and operators from the risks of electrocution. A Means of Protection (MOPs) can be safety insulation, a protective earth, a defined creepage distance, or an air gap or other protective impedance. These can be used in various combinations. IEC 60601-1 3rd edition differentiates between the risk to patients and the risk to operators. A MOP can therefore be classified as Means of Patient Protection (MOPP) or a Means of Operator Protection (MOOP). The main difference between one MOOP and one MOPP is primarily one of permissible creepage distance. Both requirements are satisfied using Basic insulation. To achieve 2 x MOPP qualification the isolation test is particularly demanding at 4000 Vac and the creepage distance of 8mm is twice that required for one MOPP.
What is a BF and CF rated an IEC 60601-1-2 medical grade rated power supply AC adapter and what is the difference?
Medical grade power supplies and AC to DC adapters are categorized into one of three applied parts types: body type (B), body floating type (BF), and cardiac floating type (CF). These applied parts require specific attributes such as isolation voltage, creepage and leakage current. Floating refers to an ungrounded power supply, Class II, that is not referenced to another output and is fully isolated. Type B refers to devices that operate within the patient's vicinity, as described in IEC 60601-1 as six feet around a patient's chair or bed and do not touch the patient electronically and are grounded. These devices include operating room lighting, hospital carts and beds, automated dispensers of medication and supplies, and diagnostic equipment like x-ray machines. Type BF devices deliver electrical energy signals to or from the patient such as electrosurgical devices, endoscopes, and electrical vital sign monitors like thermometers. Type CF devices are similar to BF, except they supply power to devices connected to the heart, such as a defibrillator, external pacemaker or intracardiac ECG electrodes and Type CF requires a higher degree of protection against electrical shock than BF types.
What is an open frame or internal AC-DC Power supply?
Open frame AC-DC power supplies are also known as AC-DC converters and are a type of internal power supply. The open frame AC to DC power supply is built into the inside of a system and used to convert the AC current into DC voltage.
What is Level VI Efficiency?
The numerals I to VI are an International Efficiency Marking Protocol which allows manufacturers to designate the efficiency performance of a product. This performance is based on the measurement of the operating energy efficiency and no-load power consumption of external power supplies or AC DC adapters tested at different load levels. The no-load power consumption refers to the amount of power that an external power supply draws even when the application is turned off or disconnected.
Is Level VI Efficiency required?
Level VI efficiency is mandated in certain countries and regions for certain products or certain applications.
What is the Eco-design Directive 2009/125/EC?
The Eco-design directive put into law in Europe the latest requirements for energy efficiency and conservation for AC DC adapters and external power supplies.
How Does an AC-DC Adapter Work?
The AC to DC adapter or external power supply consists of a power supply which is enclosed in a housing similar to an AC plug, hence the term plug type, wall plug in, plug-in or plugtop power adapter. The power supply is plugged into the mains socket and the AC Voltage is then converted by the AC to DC adapter power supply into a DC voltage that is fed into the appliance via the output cable connection.